Saturday, September 18, 2010

Food Stamp Challenge Day Seven

Last Day!

This morning I had my last two pieces of bread toasted with cream cheese (gave one to my wife), and my left over linguine for breakfast (it's not just for dinner when you're hungry).

Vegetable garden for NCCS
We left early to go a volunteer project to install raised vegetable beds at one of NCCS's child development sites. About 15 volunteers met up to install 12 raised beds and weed the garden plot that will become NCCS's largest food producing space to date.


Final 12 beds at our latest garden
 Midway through the work, we took a break. That's when I slipped again and had a donut with my water.

After three hours of hard work, I was famished and ended up going to lunch with my wife and her sister at a local resturant. The final slip. The challenge got the best of me.

Tonight I had the final bowl of the soup I prepared last night and took an inventory of what was left of my original purchase of food:
2 flour tortillas (may not last the night)
2 tablespoons of cream cheese
1 lime
3 cloves of garlic

I'll be making a key lime garlic cheese cake later with these ingredients - something I learned from Martha Stewart. (kidding)

Everything else was consumed.

Next week I will post the results of a nutrtitional analysis of what I consumed, and some final reflections on what I learned during the week.

Thanks for follwing my experiences.

Stan

No comments:

Post a Comment